JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Join the movement to make DC the 51st state with 51 votes in the Senate via 51 for 51.
DIVE DEEPER + ACT NOW
Immediate Actions To Take:+
- Sign the petition to Demand Democrats Vote To End the Filibuster Immediately
- Call Your Reps to Demand Statehood for Washington, DC
- Call Your Reps to Support Democracy Reform with H.R. 1/S. 1
- Email your Congressperson to Demand Court Reform.
- Join a chapter to Reform the Supreme Court.
- Sign the petition to Add Seats to the Supreme Court.
Organizations To Support + Follow:+
Educate Yourself + Keep Showing Up:+
- Articles —
- Abolish the Electoral College — Anti-Racism Daily
- Biden Can Advance Racial Justice, but Only if Democratic Senators Ditch an Old Tradition by Chirstopher Kang — USA Today
- Can We Please Pick the President by Popular Vote Now? By Jesse Wegman — NYTimes
- Congress Must Pass H.R.1 Now — Demos
- Eliminate the Senate Filibuster to Save Democracy — Indivisible
- HR 51 Bill — 116th Congress
- It’s Time to Abolish the Electoral College by Darrell M. West — Brookings Institute
- Our Plan to Save the Supreme Court — Demand Justice
- Reform the Supreme Court — Demand Justice
- Should the U.S. Get Rid of the Electoral College? By Natalie Proulx — NYTimes
- The Case for Statehood — #ShowUpForDC
- The Definitive Case for Ending the Filibuster by Ezra Klein — Vice
- The Electoral College is a Confusing Mess by Jesse Wegman — NYTimes
- Washington, DC Deserves Statehood by Susan E. Rice — NYTimes
- We Must Unrig the Courts — People's Parity Project
- What is Court Packing? by Amber Phillips — Washington Post
- What is the Senate Filibuster and what would it take to eliminate it? By Molly E. Reynolds — Brookings Institute
- Why Statehood for DC — DC Gov
- The End of the Filibuster - No, Really by Ronald Brownstein — The Atlantic
- Books —
- Chocolate City: A History of Race and Democracy in the Nation’s Capital by Chris Myers Asch and George Derek Musgrove
- Let the People Pick the President: The Case for Abolishing the Electoral College by Jesse Wegman
- Why We’re Polarized by Ezra Klein
NOTE: Our focus areas are informed by community input. If there is an issue you'd like to see included or would like to share input, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or concerns on our 2022 focus areas. We'd love to hear from you.
This is an incomplete and growing list. Last updated Feb 24, 2021.