Update @ The Outrage DC:
As of Thursday, October 15th, 2020
Hi folx —
As of today, we were informed that a member of our team tested positive for COVID-19.
While we have taken many precautionary measures — including but not limited to requiring all staff + visitors to wear masks, minimizing the number of folx in-store, practicing social distancing, using plexi-glass at check-out, sanitizing and washing hands regularly, etc — we want to inform anyone that visited our space at the following times that they could have been potentially exposed to COVID-19:
- Wednesday, October 7th @ 2:30-6pm EST
- Friday, October 9th @ 11am-6:30pm EST
- Saturday, October 10th @ 11am-2:30pm EST
Per CDC Guidelines, we encourage any visitors during these times to quarantine.
Please reach out directly to email@example.com with any questions or concerns. We’ll share any and all updates on our social media platforms. The store is closed today while we complete our contact tracing and will be open tomorrow at Noon EST.
The Outrage Team
“How The Outrage is Tackling COVID-19”
Last updated June 21st, 2020
To our community —
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation has evolved, the safety of our community + employees remains our top priority. Because of this, we have made the decision to close our doors to both our retail + community spaces effective Monday, March 16th.
Effective Wednesday, June 24th, The Outrage DC will be reopening its retail doors for limited operating hours of 12 - 6pm seven days a week. The Outrage DC community space will remain closed for now as we evaluate how to safely convene our community — more to come on this soon. Thank you to each and everyone of you who have continued to support us during these unprecedented times. It’s truly meant the world to us. We will continue to adjust timelines accordingly pending updates.
Additionally, here are other actions we're taking:
- IRL Sanitization: We have and will continue to perform increased facility sanitization procedures.
- Events + Programming: Since our doors are closed, we will be suspending all IRL programming for the foreseeable future. Tickets purchased will be honored at the rescheduled date. Refunds will be honored should individuals be unable to attend the rescheduled date.
- Online Store: Our online store is always open. Your support is very much appreciated and needed during this time.
- “Emergency” Community Space: The Outrage is working closely with local partners to provide a space for emergency needs (think food distribution + resource center). We will share another update once these details are confirmed.
If you are a member, customer, or employee that has recently visited our space and have a confirmed cause of coronavirus, please text The Outrage at 202-669-4354 so we can provide updates to affected parties in our community. All communication will remain confidential.
These are anxiety inducing times and we know that moments like this hit the most vulnerable communities the hardest. To support our community, we have the following asks:
- Check on your neighbors. If you are well, reach out and see how you can best support the community closest to you. Please continue to practice social distancing.
- Please shop small and local where you can. At this time many small business owners are asking themselves how they can best support their staff and do what it is right while still keeping their business afloat in the coming weeks and months. We ask for you to consider this an opportunity to reflect on your own consumer behaviors. Instead of heading to Amazon, please research your item and see if there is a local business you can support. If that local business is closed, please reach out directly as many small biz owners are providing services in new and unique ways during these precarious times.
- Connect digitally. While URL connections can’t always hold up to IRL, we encourage our community to stay connected digitally. Members can stay connected on our digital platform, and our team is working to increase capacity to connect URL with our broader community. Keep tagging us, DM-ing us, emailing us, etc. We want to hear from you and support you.
We will continue to provide updates as we monitor the situation closely. Our goal is to keep our community safe as the situation develops. As always, we will continue to follow the recommendations of health experts.
Rebecca Lee Funk, CEO + Founder
Michelle Howell, Chief Culture Officer