“How The Outrage is Tackling COVID-19”
Last updated June 5th, 2020
To our community —
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation has evolved, the safety of our community + employees remains our top priority. Because of this, we have made the decision to close our doors to both our retail + community spaces effective Monday, March 16th.
Furthermore, we have made the decision to keep both our retail + community spaces closed until July 1st, 2020. We will also be suspending all IRL programming until July 1st. We will continue to adjust timelines accordingly pending updates.
Additionally, we’re taking the following steps:
- IRL Sanitization: We have and will continue to perform increased facility sanitization procedures.
- Events + Programming: Since our doors are closed, we will be suspending all IRL programming until July 1st. Tickets purchased will be honored at the rescheduled date. Refunds will be honored should individuals be unable to attend the rescheduled date.
- Online Store: Our online store is always open. Your support is very much appreciated and needed during this time.
- Staff + Employees: From March 16th to March 31st, all part-time employees will be paid for their scheduled shifts. Additionally, we’ve made arrangements for all full-time staff to work from home.
- “Emergency” Community Space: The Outrage is working closely with local partners to provide a space for emergency needs (think food distribution + resource center). We will share another update once these details are confirmed.
If you are a member, customer, or employee that has recently visited our space and have a confirmed cause of coronavirus, please text The Outrage at 202-669-4354 so we can provide updates to affected parties in our community. All communication will remain confidential.
These are anxiety inducing times and we know that moments like this hit the most vulnerable communities the hardest. To support our community, we have the following asks:
- Check on your neighbors. If you are well, reach out and see how you can best support the community closest to you. Please continue to practice social distancing.
- Please shop small and local where you can. At this time many small business owners are asking themselves how they can best support their staff and do what it is right while still keeping their business afloat in the coming weeks and months. We ask for you to consider this an opportunity to reflect on your own consumer behaviors. Instead of heading to Amazon, please research your item and see if there is a local business you can support. If that local business is closed, please reach out directly as many small biz owners are providing services in new and unique ways during these precarious times.
- Connect digitally. While URL connections can’t always hold up to IRL, we encourage our community to stay connected digitally. Members can stay connected on our digital platform, and our team is working to increase capacity to connect URL with our broader community. Keep tagging us, DM-ing us, emailing us, etc. We want to hear from you and support you.
We will continue to provide updates as we monitor the situation closely. Our goal is to keep our community safe as the situation develops. As always, we will continue to follow the recommendations of health experts.
Rebecca Lee Funk, CEO + Founder
Michelle Howell, Chief Culture Officer