Position: DC Store Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a womxn-founded hub for activism, shifting political + cultural landscapes by starting + sustaining conversations. Through apparel + community, we're challenging our community to be the best versions of themselves and change the world we live in. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, etc.) to leverage fundraising potential for progressive issues. We’ve served as the official apparel partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a results driven retail store manager to oversee the overall management of our DC Flagship Store. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have a passion for our mission and a background in employee recruitment, or retail management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service in store and online
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, etc.
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs
- Manage all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances, etc.)
- Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
- Hire, train, and oversee part time staff
- Create monthly schedule and manage staffing needs
- Additional store manager duties as needed
Commitments + Attributes:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a managerial role.
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
- Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail, across both business, technical, and visual domains
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and have a keen eye for details
- Enjoys continuous change + improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues and find solutions
- Charismatic and calm personality with ability to juggle multiple projects and shine in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage with passion for The Outrage brand + mission.
Compensation: $16 per hour
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘DC Store Manager’ as the subject line.