Position: Shopify Full-Stack Developer (Freelance)
The Outrage is a womxn-founded hub for activism, shifting political + cultural landscapes by starting + sustaining conversations. Through apparel + community, we're challenging our community to be the best versions of themselves and change the world we live in. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, etc.) to leverage fundraising potential for progressive issues. We’ve served as an official partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started.
The Outrage is seeking a seasoned Shopify Full-Stack Developer to take our online business to the next level. The position will assist the e-commerce vertical in developing and modifying the front and back-end of our online store. Our dream candidate is a coder who enjoys building from scratch, troubleshooting, and is obsessed with improving customer-facing functions and design.
You will be responsible for the back-end and front-end of our Shopify online store—from making the site accessible and engaging to use and helping convert first-time visitors into returning customers. This is a freelance remote position in the US available on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with e-commerce vertical to modify and customize elements in our Shopify Theme, fielding new design requests and implementing those requests on a priority basis
- Modify homepage navigation, collection pages, product tagging, and other functions to create a seamless shopping experience
- Produce responsive front-end experiences that engage, delight, and convert our visitors into customers
- Add back-end functionality to surface data, reports, and fulfill other needs from our operations team
- Optimize page load time and mobile accessibility of Shopify site
- Ensure quality of graphics and other visual design elements on website
- Update our Shopify Theme to its most current version
- Integrate third-party applications into Shopify
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug Shopify site as needed
- Implement inclusive and accessible user functionalities
Commitment + Attributes:
- Strong knowledge and experience working in Shopify
- Expertise in Shopify theme development and customization
- A proficiency in working with different Shopify JS APIs (storefront, AJAX Cart, Sections, etc)
- High attention to detail and a natural self-starter, with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and solve problems on the fly
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to respond to requests and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Familiarity with inclusive web design for users with accessibility needs
- Bonus: Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage with passion for The Outrage brand + mission
Send your resume/portfolio and rates to email@example.com with ‘Shopify Developer’ as the subject line.
The Outrage is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The Outrage hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.