Position: Shipping Lead
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a female-founded retail and social space for the resistance. We're on a mission to raise $1 million for progressive organizations fighting for social change while activating a new generation of activists through curated intersectional programming. Through apparel sales and social experiences, we’re using our outrage as a catalyst to action.
The Outrage is seeking an individual to increase the efficiency of our shipping operations at our headquarters located in Washington, DC. The position will be responsible for all aspects of shipping, managing and maintaining overall productivity. This individual will be verifying and maintaining records on all outgoing shipments, working closely with both operations and customer service teams to ensure cohesive processes. Essentially, you’re responsible for getting our aesthetically on-point merch into the hands of our civically engaged customers. This is a full-time position.
- Manage all shipping documentation e.g shipping labels, packing slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Control the shipping department budget and provide weekly reports on shipping activities and issues
- Collaborate with operations team to optimize processes and create full-proof systems
- Constantly evaluate and assess current systems and operations to maximize shipping procedures
- Work closely with customer service team to resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Think innovatively and sustainably to minimize product waste and environmental impact
- Assist and support the training of part-time staff
Commitment + Attributes:
- Proven experience as shipping lead and/or experience with transferable skills
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite and MS Office (especially Sheets and Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience managing staff
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and have a keen eye for details
- Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage
- Experience working in e-commerce a plus
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to info@the-outrage with ‘DC Shipping Lead’ as the subject line.