Position: Retail Associate
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Outrage is a womxn-founded hub for activism, shifting political + cultural landscapes by starting + sustaining conversations. Through apparel + community, we're challenging our community to be the best versions of themselves and change the world we live in. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, etc.) to leverage fundraising potential for progressive issues. We’ve served as the official apparel partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started.
Positions are available at our Philadelphia location located at 321 Arch Street in Old City. This is a part-time position and requires availability on the weekends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with customers, share our mission, and help them find what they need!
- Use your creativity to visualize merchandise displays and ensure store is always stocked and ready for customers
- Provide warm, thoughtful, solution-oriented customer service
- Perform all cashier duties, such as taking and ringing up orders correctly and efficiently, and completing daily reports
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge on retail offerings and brand
- Assist with managing an efficient flow of service during busy times
- Maintain the beauty of our space
- Ensure backroom area is organized and ready to receive and flow goods
- Perform basic administrative and customer service duties: answering phones, delivering messages, etc
- Support events with setup and breakdown as needed
- Help maintain the vibes of the space by adjusting music and restocking goods as needed; report any inventory or supplies needs to management
- Deep clean bathrooms and space on a weekly basis
- Sweep and mop floors at the end of the night, and be responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the space throughout the day.
Key Qualities + Requirements:
- Prior experience in a hospitality, retail, or customer service role
- Friendly, warm, personable with a positive attitude
- Sharp sense of style
- Able to tackle problems with little direction, proactive + independent
- Extremely organized with solution-oriented hospitality and customer-service skills
- Flexible hours, willingness to work weekends and some holidays
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes direction + responds to feedback well
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Calendar, Excel, etc.
Compensation: $15 per hour
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Philly Retail Associate’ as the subject line.