Position: Operations Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a womxn-founded hub for activism, shifting political + cultural landscapes by starting + sustaining conversations. Through community + fashion, we're challenging our community to be the best versions of themselves and change the world we live in. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, etc.) to hold physical and digital space for progressive issues. We’ve served as an official partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started.
The Outrage is seeking a detail-oriented, dynamic leader to oversee operations for the company. The Operations Manager is a cross-functional role supporting all program + organizational operations with the on-going task to optimize + streamline systems across verticals as we open new hubs for activism across the country. As this role works on projects across the organization, they will work frequently with each employee of the organization. Our dream candidate identifies as an extremely detail-oriented individual who enjoys taking something great and making it better. This is a full-time position available at our DC location located at 1722 14th St NW.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operational Improvements: Identify recurring challenges to work that need new or revised systems and work collaboratively to analyze the problem and design solutions.
- Scaling operations: Grow operations in a smooth and sustainable manner as The Outrage expands to new locations in 2020.
- Inventory Management: Oversee inventory needs and organization in DC + Philly locations, as well as all future locations.
- Shipping: The position will be responsible for all aspects of shipping, managing and maintaining overall productivity. This individual will be verifying and maintaining records on all outgoing shipments, working closely with both operations and customer service teams to ensure cohesive processes.
- Staff Management + Human Resources support: Manage store managers + associates in DC + Philly including recruitment, training, onboarding, paperwork, communication, and more. Process new hires and maintain employee records. Collect associate hours and prepare for payroll. Support the Executive Leadership Team with related projects as needed.
- Budget Management: Responsible for keeping business profitable throughout appropriate verticals, from human resources to production.
- Program Operations: Work closely with the Community Director to provide support for member experience, programming, and events in DC + Philly.
- Organizational Risk Management: In partnership with Executive Leadership Team, provide leadership in risk management practices including staff training requirements, facilities maintenance, and compliance with local and industry standards.
- Vendor Relations: Research and vet potential vendors, complete research on risk management and other compliance areas. Support the sourcing of new vendors while maintaining ongoing vendor relations.
- Facilities: Support facilities operations in DC + Philly including contracts and leases. Oversee office maintenance & regular chores.
- Technology: Support technology infrastructure including cloud based files (dropbox, google docs), POS database, computer purchasing, set-up, & troubleshoot technology issues.
- Accounting & Compliance: Support on-going accounting functions including weekly work, annual audit, and work to ensure compliance with accounting and grant requirements.
Commitment + Attributes:
- 2-4+ years of related experience, including a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, create and maintain organizational systems, manage details of multiple projects, and provide outstanding customer/client service.
- Eager to identify opportunities, and capable of developing processes designed to elevate the profitability and efficiency of the The Outrage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, experience supervising staff, and strong computer skills, including proficiency with Mac and Windows systems and advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and other programs.
- Personal qualities of maturity, humility, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude are highly valued
- Organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the company
- Data-driven decision maker that leads the ideation, development and execution of new programs, event formats, and more
- Exceptional analytical skills with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn, and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Enjoys continuous change + improvement
- Strong negotiating skills
- A personal commitment to and deep understanding of the The Outrage mission.
Salary + Benefits:
Salary competitive based on experience, medical, dental, and vision plan, paid holidays and paid time off, and on-going professional development opportunities.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Operations Manager’ as the subject line.