Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a female-founded retail and social space for the resistance. We’ve reimagined retail as a way to both express and act on your values. We're on a mission to raise $1 million for progressive organizations fighting for social change while activating a new generation of activists through curated intersectional programming. Through apparel sales and social experiences, we’re using our outrage as a catalyst to action.
The Outrage is seeking a seasoned Graphic Designer with up-to-date knowledge on intersectional activist issues to join our fast-growing company. This position will work closely with all members of the team to deliver aesthetically on-point designs for a variety of products including website, social media, merchandise, product packaging, and more. The position will oversee all phases of the design process from conception to completion and report directly to the Brand Director to ensure a cohesive brand aesthetic and voice. This is a full-time position available at our headquarters located in Washington, DC.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects ensuring a cohesive aesthetic
- Create and deliver high-quality, on brand designs from initial concept through to delivery
- Create innovative and commercially-effective campaigns, collateral, graphics, web pages and digital assets with user experience at the core
- Manage the project life cycle from internal brief through to usability or product
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive best practice and learning for design
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
Commitment + Attributes:
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and have a keen eye for details
- Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage
- Experience working in e-commerce a plus
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to info@the-outrage with ‘DC Graphic Designer’ as the subject line.