Position: Event Associate
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a womxn-founded hub for activism, shifting political + cultural landscapes by starting + sustaining conversations. Through community + fashion, we're challenging our community to be the best versions of themselves and change the world we live in. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, etc.) to hold physical and digital space for progressive issues. We’ve served as an official partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started.
The Outrage is looking for an Event Associate to support our DC Community Space.
This position will report directly to the DC Community Director and work closely on events, membership experience, and more! This position is ideal for quick learners, self-starters, and someone interested in developing operations and event management skills in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Event Production:
- Serve as an on-site production lead for events and manage event production, including space setup, breakdown, event check-in and follow ups to guests and partners.
- Support events admin including run of show briefs and partner agreements.
- Member Experience:
- Greet and check in our members and their guests at the membership desk.
- Provide warm, thoughtful, solution-oriented customer service.
- Provide high-volume hospitality and service during events and busy hours.
- Assist with enforcing “Code of Conduct” as needed with tactfulness and hospitality.
- Provide tours to new and prospective members as needed.
- Conduct sweeps of the Space throughout the day, checking in on members and ensuring that all areas in the Space are presentable.
- Maintain website updates for Membership and Events @ The Outrage DC pages.
- DC Partnerships:
- Support community building with DC partners. Conduct research on potential partners for events
- Support DC marketing efforts via photography, social media, and weekly newsletters.
- Space Support:
- Maintain the beauty of our space
- Support bar when busy, busing tables and washing dishes when needed
- Assist with managing an efficient flow of service during busy times
- Perform basic administrative and customer service duties: answering phones, responding to email inquiries, delivering messages, etc
- Assist with Merch transactions in the space as well as maintaining the visual display
- Monitor security and safety of building
- Report any inventory or supplies needs to management
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the space throughout the day.
Commitment + Attributes:
- Friendly, warm, personable with a positive attitude
- Able to tackle problems with little direction, proactive + independent
- Extremely organized with solution-oriented hospitality and customer-service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Take direction + respond to feedback well.
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Calendar, Excel, etc.
- Flexible hours, willingness to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays. Candidate must work a minimum of 30 hours/week.
- A personal commitment to and deep understanding of the The Outrage mission.
Compensation: Compensation starts at $16 per hour with opportunities to increase based on performance!
To Apply: Send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “DC Event Associate” as the subject line.
The Outrage is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The Outrage hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.