Position: E-commerce Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a female-founded retail and social space for the resistance. We’ve reimagined retail as a way to both express and act on your values. We're on a mission to raise $1 million for progressive organizations fighting for social change while activating a new generation of activists through curated intersectional programming. Through apparel sales and social experiences, we’re using outrage as a catalyst for action.
The Outrage is seeking a seasoned E-commerce Manager to take our online business to the next level. The position will have ownership of the e-commerce vertical, from marketing and merchandising to UX/UI. Our dream candidate is a graphic designer, coder and merchandiser all in one- i.e. comfortable tinkering in the back end but also obsessed with customer-facing design and aesthetic.
You will be responsible for the full life-cycle of our online business. From driving traffic to the site, making the site easy and fun to navigate, converting visitors to customers, drawing customers back again, and making sure the experience is seamless and easy. This is a full-time position available at our headquarters located in Washington, DC.
- Oversee the online brand presentation and product offering
- Work closely with brand and ops teams to increase online sales while maintaining an excellent customer experience
- Develop and implement a dynamic brand strategy and supportive global, cross-channel marketing calendar
- Own and manage insights-driven creative and marketing briefs, and lead go-to-market plans for new product launches, campaigns and activations
- Generate demand projections and quarterly revenue goals
Commitment + Attributes:
- 3+ years of e-commerce experience
- A background in digital marketing
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to work with large data sets
- High attention to detail, across both business, technical, and visual domains
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and have a keen eye for details
- Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage
- Experience with Shopify a plus
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to info@the-outrage with ‘E-Commerce Manager’ as the subject line.