Position: Community Manager
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a womxn-founded hub for activism, shifting political + cultural landscapes by starting + sustaining conversations. Through apparel + community, we're challenging our community to be the best versions of themselves and change the world we live in. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, etc.) to leverage fundraising potential for progressive issues. We’ve served as an official partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started.
The Outrage is seeking an emotionally intelligent, dynamic leader to oversee our DC Community Space. The Community Manager will work closely with the Chief Culture Officer to set the tone for the space and build strong, location-based community. The Community Manager is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality to all community members while leading the ideation, development, and execution of DC programming and events. Our dream candidate knows DC like the back of their hand, loves curating experiences, enjoys building community, can juggle multiple balls at once, and is OUTRAGED. This is a full-time position available at our DC location located at 1722 14th St NW near Logan Circle.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for curating a kick-ass lineup of DC events (~4 events per week) from conception to execution with strong attention to intersectionality + inclusion.
- Responsible for ensuring all events + programs are designed to improve the member experience and promote retention.
- Responsible for exceptional membership experience and will spend most of their time in the space, engaging with members and working with the team to ensure that administrative tasks are handled in a timely, efficient manner.
- Manage and oversee new membership, member tours, and onboarding, member engagements, community events, and support member networking.
- In-Space point person for event management (set up of the physical Space, materials, audio/visual, catering, breakdown, cleanup and any post-event follow ups pertaining to the space), DC partnerships, + DC Community Space logistics.
- Manage and oversee Community Team, including: scheduling, budget management, administrative responsibilities, and member services.
- Coach and mentor location-based community team to ensure exceptional hospitality.
- Support member use of space, and ensure members are aligned with code of conduct.
- Work with leadership team to roll out policies, procedures, standards; execute the vision of the space while building team morale and culture
- Act as a manager on duty, working in the best interest of The Space and member experience.
Commitment + Attributes:
- 2+ years of work experience in hospitality, community building, customer service, or biz operations
- Prior leadership experience
- Organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the company
- Data-driven decision maker that leads the ideation, development and execution of new programs, event formats, and more
- Exceptional analytical skills with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn, and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Ability to connect well with people and comfortable liaising with all levels of guests, including high-profile clients and/or celebrities
- Experience curating and executing events
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and have a keen eye for details
- Enjoys continuous change + improvement
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite and Adobe Illustrator
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Logistics-focused and understanding of events
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues and find solutions
- Charismatic and calm personality with ability to juggle multiple projects and shine in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail, across both business, technical, and visual domains
- Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage with passion for The Outrage brand + mission.
- Ability to be in the community space during evenings and weekends.
- Currently living in Washington, DC + been in the community for 2+ years
Perks of working for The Outrage:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees
- Flexible PTO and 10 paid holidays
- The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘DC Community Manager’ as the subject line.
The Outrage is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The Outrage hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.