Position: Business Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
The Outrage is a female-founded activist apparel company with retail and social spaces for the resistance. We donate with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE to progressive orgs (think Planned Parenthood and ACLU) while partnering directly with nonprofits and influencers (think Sophia Bush, Lauren Duca, etc) to leverage fundraising potential for progressive issues. We’ve served as the official apparel partner for every large progressive social movement since our founding (Women’s March, MFOL, Families Belong Together, and more) and we’re just getting started. Through apparel sales and social experiences, we’re using outrage as a catalyst for action.
The Outrage is seeking a dynamic self-starter to help shape our fast growing operations department. The position will have ownership of multiple key business verticals. Our dream candidate is analytical, enjoy problem-solving, loves being a part of a dynamic team, can juggle multiple balls at once, and is OUTRAGED. This is a full-time position available at our DC location located at 1722 14th St NW near Logan Circle.
- Develop an efficient and accurate inventory management system
- Establish reliable lines of contact with store managers to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
- Maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
- Maintain, improve and produce internal sales forecasts, scorecards, leaderboards in W/M/Q cadences.
- Support and improve the pipeline metrics insights and reporting cadence.
- Assist in Growth/expansion capacity planning
- Work with cross-functional team members including Design, Marketing and Finance.
- Assist in pricing analysis, and discounting practices impact on the business.
- Assist in setting quarterly revenue goals for all locations and verticals
- Collaborate directly with the COO to optimize processes and create full-proof systems
- Reporting and analysis for all company verticals, including; buying, inventory, marketing, sales and automation of executive reporting of sales results, key metrics and KPIs, campaign tracking and analysis, and ad hoc strategic analysis.
Commitment + Attributes:
- 2+ years of work experience in retail, hospitality, community building, customer service, or biz operations
- Exceptional analytical skills with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to connect well with people
- Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and have a keen eye for details
- Strong business acumen and consumer focus with demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically, with a strong sense of urgency to resolve issues
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite and MS Office (especially Sheets and Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- High attention to detail, across both business and technical domains
- Awareness of current culture as it relates to the multi-faceted nature of The Outrage
- Experience working in retail/e-commerce a HUGE plus
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Operations Analyst’ as the subject line.